5 Considerations to Choose the Perfect Party Dress
Lecturer, Dept. of Fashion Design
KCC Women’s College (Affiliated by Khulna University)
When you got a party invitation, that time you will very excited about the party. At the same time you will also worried to select the perfect dress, color and fabric for that party. You can be select your dress on your wardrobe and also select on the popular market place.
Choosing the perfect dress for your party, especially consider occasion, the number of dress styles and choices available on the market. Traditionally, dresses were only available in chain shops, department stores, clothing stores and fashion houses; they are now available online from designers around the world.
Finding the perfect party dress is not so easy. Now I will mention some important consideration that will help to select a perfect party dress and also ensure that you are a knockout at any event.
1. Consideration about the occasion:
The occasion is the first thing to consider when choosing a dress for any party. Most hosts usually advice their guests on the dress code for the party thus making the process of choosing your dress much easier. However, if there is no specification on the dress code, then you should consider the formality of the gathering while you are choosing your dress.
- For formal parties such as upscale dinner party and official lunch you should select more conventional cut and avoid a dress that falls above the knees.
- Informal parties such as a wedding or a birthday party, you should select more with fashionable cuts that show off a lot of skin are acceptable.
- A cocktail party dress is required more stylish and trendy looks for both men and women.
2. Consideration about the perfect color:
When you choose your party dress in the market, you must consider a color that suits your skin tone. Otherwise it will useless for you.
- Dark skin: If you have a dark skin, look good in light colors such as white, yellow, green and pink will suit you well. Brown and black will make you fade into the background.
- Fair skin: if you are fair-skinned woman choose a dress that is brightly colored. Avoid white and yellow. If you’re dark-haired, red and green will look beautiful.
- Medium skin: If your skin tone is medium, you should go for neutral shades such as brown, grey and blacks which are striking against your skin tone and look elegant. You can also try blues and reds. Warm tones are perfect well with your coloring.
If you want to know the detail information about skin color please visit…..
3. Consideration about the dress style and body shape:
While you are choosing a party dress, It is important to keep your body type in mind and also consider about the latest style.
- Heavy women look good in well-fitting dresses and alternatively slim figure women wear loose fitting dresses.
- If you are a woman with a heavy bust, you can look good in square-necked, low-cut dress. Alternatively, women with a small bust look gorgeous in dresses with a low neckline or ones with thin straps.
If you want to know the detail information about body shape please visit…..
4. Consideration about the Fabric:
When you choose a party dress for your special occasion, you must consider about fabric. If the dress will cheap then low-quality fabric is always noticeable. Jersey and knit fabrics can cling to your body and make you look bigger than you are, depending on the style. These can also make the dress look more casual and are not appropriate for formal party dresses.
5. Consideration about the price:
Price consideration is the important factors for party dress selection. When we choose your dress in the reputed market place, each product has different price range according to the shop. So, you will select party dress on the basis of your budget.