Basic Knowledge and Skill for a Garments Merchandiser
Nishat Nawshin Ruchi
KCC Women’s College (Affiliated by Khulna University)
It is clear that to perform successfully some job duties and responsibilities are must be needed for a garments merchandiser. Basic knowledge and skill of a merchandiser is most necessary to acquire success in this field and also institutional support is essential.
However a brief guide about the knowledge and skillness requirement of a garments merchandiser is pointed out below.
- Should be a smart person with fluent speaking reading and writing ability in English language.
- Should be a technically sound person having clear conception about textile fiber yarn fabric dying, Printing, finishing, garments manufacturing. Garments washing, garments dyeing, textile testing. Textile product and raw materials inspection and quality control. An
- Should have clear knowledge about procurement/collection of an export order.
- Should have the ability to plan and execute time schedule.
- Should have the ability to make liaison with buyer and production people.
- Should have clear knowledge about garments shipment formalities.
- Should have clear knowledge about banking and commercial formalities.
- Should have clear knowledge about sourcing of raw materials.
- Should have clear knowledge about garment costing and raw materials consumption calculation.