Basic Tools for Table Inspection in Garments Industry
Lecturer, Dept. of Fashion Design
KCC Women’s College (Affiliated by Khulna University)
After in-line inspection of a garments industry, quality inspector arrange table inspection process. In the table quality inspection time, some basic tools are essential for inspect a garments to get a high quality. To get a defect less garments every inspector should confirm a environment that helps the operator to check the defects on garments.
Tools for Table Inspection in Garments Industry:
The inspector who is trained must be equipped with the following tools and environment.
- A wide table (of greenish grey color) lit with day-light type of tube lights, light quality should be enough to the tune of 1,000 lux.
- A measurement tape is needed.
- Another measuring tape in specially needed that is fixed on the table.
- Good quality scissors.
- Thread cutter.
- Gummed paper arrow tape in needed to display location of defects.
- Inspector must have a worksheet or production order sheet along with size-spec.
- Inspector must have special buyer instructions, in there any.
- For each style there should be an approved sample in close proximity to the inspector.
- If your factory has a quality manual approved by buyer, check with major or minor defects as per that manual.
- In absence of factory quality manual, use should be made of buyer manual enlisting major or minor defects.