Choosing Earring for Your Face Shape
Lecturer, Dept. of Fashion Design
KCC Women’s College (Affiliated by Khulna University)
The perfect earrings can add a finishing touch to any outfit. Most women choose these popular accessories according to their overall style, color, and materials. There are so many different styles of earrings available in all colours, shapes and sizes, so how can you be sure to always choose the right pair of earrings.
When choosing earrings the shape of your face, the length of your hair and even your coloring have a huge impact on what shape and style of earring is best for you. So, Select your earrings carefully, they may be the most important jewelry item to flatter your face shapes.
For which earrings are best for your face shape, these are mention in below:
Earring for Oval face shape:
- Designs should be proportionate to the face
- Avoid very long styles
- Large, round hoops, chandeliers, teardrops and other soft shape
- Use triangular shapes to dramatize the face
- Almost any style earrings are suit
Earring for Round face shape:
- Wear long, vertical styles which narrow the face
- Use angular designs such as rectangles, trapezoids, longer angular shapes to flatter the face
- choose longer earrings with oblong or straight styles.
- Avoid round hoops and large chunky earrings that sit on the ear lobe.
Earring for Square face shape:
- Large oval hoops, narrow chandelier and long drop, Long tear drops shapes are perfect
- Avoid short, square, wide styles
- Multi-tiered dangly earrings, Exaggerated earrings
- Hoops and curved edges, Studs are perfect.
Earring for Rectangular/ Oblong face shape:
- Round, square and fan shape earring
- Teardrops, Small hoops ,Large, bold styles, Simple studs and chandelier style earring are best
- 3 dimensional style earrings to add fullness
- Drops no longer than the chin, better with some width
- Avoid flat or thin dangly earrings
- Try large, rounded post styles as well as wide chandeliers with movement to create drama
- Chose space-filling designs that create movement and interest.
Earring for Heart face shape:
- Triangular dangling earrings compliment the shape by widening the jawline
- Add width at jaw level
- Rectangle shapes
- Oval and circular earrings
- Use hoops, curves, teardrops, triangles and other dangling space-filling designs
- Avoid small round post designs as well as longer narrow designs.
- Avoid earrings that are the same as your face shape.