Clothing Choice for Teenager
Assistant professor, Dept. of Fashion Design
KCC Women’s College (Affiliated by Khulna University)
Teenagers are enough adult to choice his or her clothes. They are decided to conform to the adult world’s idea of age-appropriate clothing. Teens are follow the latest fashion and stylish clothing and fashion accessories also. This stage parents are help to her children which clothes may actually be acceptable. Unless they have a really good reason to stop her from wearing certain clothes, just avoid the conflict.
Clothing selection for teenager:
- Most teenagers are fashion conscious, so clothing has to be up to date.
- Teenagers always prefer “Fad” fashion clothing.
- They are used colorful clothing and some are choose comfortable clothes also.
- Teenagers want to be fashionable to express their identity as separate from their parents.
- Teenager like peer pressure types of dresses, this time they are little or no influence by parents.
- Teenagers have a limited budget, but will want frequent changes in style.
- Some fashion designers target this age group, producing cheaper ranges to suit teenagers budget.
- Teenager clothing generally does not take durability into account, as they will have n desire to wear the clothes for more than one season.
- Teenagers like to stand out from the crowd.
- Some individuals like to make a statement about not conforming.
- Strong group identities will be reflected in dress. Current examples of these include”moshes” and “goths”.
- Teenager s are copy their friends outfits, it’s not just about clothes. By dressing the same way, speaking the same way, and adopting their friends’ mannerisms.
- Some teenagers reject anything even slightly different than that which the rest of the gang is wearing.
- Teenagers clothes often reflect their lifestyle.
- Many teenagers are involved in sports or uniformed organizations. Special clothing for these activities may be required.
- Currently the “label” is very important for teenage clothes, from jacket to T-shirts to trainers.
- Teen girls use clothes, fashion accessories, and fashion to define themselves, make statements about their choice of peer group, and to establish their psychological identities.
- Overall most of the teenage girls like to wear long necklaces, detailed collars, lot of rings, check shirts, T-shirts, tops, fotua, blazers, skinny jeans, knee-high socks, and dresses with elasticated waistlines, wacky tights, salwar- kameez, Converse and vintage shoes, flat shoes etc.
- Most of the boy teens are like to wear shirt, T-shirt, polo shirt, jeans, pant, trouser, Bermuda, watch, shoes etc.