Cyclical Process of Garments Export Marketing
Lecturer, Dept. of Fashion Design
KCC Women’s College (Affiliated by Khulna University)
Garments export marketing is the continuous cyclical process in the garments industry. Garments industries always maintain this cyclical process for shipment. Merchandiser started their working process with the communication of buyer and then developed it step by step.
Cyclical Process of Export Marketing to Shipment in the Garments Industry:
1.1st phase: Buyer’s prerequisites:
- He wants commitment.
- Not promise.
- Capability in producing garments.
- Facilities available.
- Financial strength.
2.2nd phase: Confirming above he negotiates:
- Shipping procedures and
- Finally most important is price.
3.3rd phase: Provides samples & spec sheet and asked for samples.
4.4th phase: Raw material purchase & procurement:
You must confirm that buyer’s requirements.
5.5th phase: Production process:
A. Pre-production meeting:
- Confirming materials
- Paper layout
- Tentative production schedule
- Target of production in line
- Meeting shipping date.
B. Pattern & marker
1. Fabric lay
- Count lay
- Check identify defects
2. Placement of marker
- Use of straight knife
- Use of band knife
- Use of round knife
D. Numbering or bundling
E. 1. Sewing:
- Input check
- In process check
- Final table
- Final quality
- Thread sucking
- Iron or pressing
- Quality check
- Hang tag
1. Assortment and sorting
Following buyer’s instruction
6.6th phase: Shipment (for price fixation):
- F O B origin(free on board): FOB means ‘free on board’ i.e exporter does not bear the cost of freight of ship or air. It is buyer who himself bears the freight ship or air.
- C & F origin (cost & Freight): C&F means cost of freight i.e FOB (COST) + Freight = C &F
- C I F origin(cost,insurance& Freight): CIF means cost insurance & Freight. In this case in addition to the bearing of freight the cost of insurance is also borne by the exporter. The exporter, while quoting CIF price, quotes much higher than C&F value i.e. C&F +insurance = CIF
- apparel industry cyclical;