Dress Selection for Special Occasion
Assistant professor, Dept. of Fashion Design
KCC Women’s College (Affiliated by Khulna University)
When you shopping a special occasion dress, at first you think where to buy, price, what shop and brands are suitable, most importantly what kind of dress to select for your event or occasion. Special occasion dresses to suit every shape, size, taste, and event.
Special clothes tend to be worn in frequently different types of occasion. Such as:
- Birthday party
- Cocktail party
- Eid day
- Dinner party
- A business dinner or a company party
- A first date, Meeting the In-Laws, School functions
- Sometimes job interview is the special day for applicants
- Other cultural festival like pohela boishak, falgun etc.
How to choose special occasion dress:
- Special occasional dresses are made from special fabrics and can be highly decorated, such as, sequins, glitter, and embroidery.
- They tend to be more costly, due to the extra accessories and work involved in manufacture.
- Different and innovative dress patterns are allowed for these occasions.
- Before buying people follow fabric texture, embellishment, color, durability, and extra ordinary also.
- Fashion designers are create exclusive designs are often required for special occasion dresses, so many of these garments are not produced in the same volume as other clothing. This also makes them more expensive.
- Most are not easy to care for, requiring the use of dry cleaning. Although expensive, this is not seen as a problem as the garments is only worn occasionally.
- People are willing to pay higher prices for these special occasion dress because of the reputation, enjoyment, and as they are seen a “one-off” purchase.
- Tradition and culture often dictates the type and style of clothing worn, e.g. wedding dress.
- Try on a variety of styles to find one that’s flattering for your body type and appropriate for the event you’re attending.
- Get trendy, stylish, fashionable and comfortable dresses.