Essential Questions before Buying a Shirt
Assistant professor, Dept. of Fashion Design
KCC Women’s College (Affiliated by Khulna University)
When you purchase a shirt, it will be fall in some indecision. In the purchasing time, sometimes consumer creates negotiation with retailer. Do not make a final decision to purchase until you have examined the fit, size, measurement, of the garments and ask some essential questions before buying a shirt.
Some important questions for selecting a shirt, these are as follows.
- Is the collar evenly shaped, and sewed on smoothly, so it does not pull or pucker?
- Are details finely done and not too fussy to be ironed easily?
- Are the buttons of good quality and firmly sewed on?
- Does the tag show it is washable and won’t fade or shrink?
- Is the shirt of sample length to assume good fit and freedom of movement?
- Are all edges finished neatly and stitched down smoothly?
- Are all seams stitched closely and firmly, so they won’t rip?
- Are the buttonholes firmly made so they won’t fray?
- Are the sleeves properly set in?
- Am I really getting the best value for my money?
- Do I know from the brand name that I can depend on the maker?
You can reed more about…