How Fashion Designer Create Relation With Color and Design
Editor, Fashion Elongation
The choice of color within design is quite a personal thing. We all have our own personal palettes that we like to work with – colors that we feel are exciting, comfortable, classy or fun.
As a fashion designer you may have to work outside your own range of colors with palettes you are not very comfortable with. But, if you have a own fashion house or boutiques, then you will free to use your color with design to decorate a dress. It is therefore important to try and understand the relation with color and design and how colors work together, and experiment.
Different designers color choice:
Certain fashion designers are known for their use of color. They are apply their own choice on color with design. Some designers color selection are mentioned in below:
- The Japanese designers Comme des Garçons and Yohji Yamamoto tend to use dark colors. Their collections are timeless and concentrate more on the clever cutting of a garment than a fanciful color.
- Versace, however, relishes colorful collections to seduce its customer.
- Marni and Dries Van Noten use color beautifully, their palettes are sophisticated and unusual.
- Calvin Klein is known for its muted neutral tones and Tommy Hilfiger for bold primary colors.
- Certain colors such as red, navy, black, white and ivory are so basic they are always fashionable for mass-market end usage.
- Menswear colors tend to use these safer colors in mass-market and high-end fashion.
- For the women’s wear design, designer use the different types of color according to the season and special occasion.
- For the children wear, every designers prefer to design soft and cool color.