How to Global Fashion Influences on Dress
Assistant professor, Dept. of Fashion Design
KCC Women’s College (Affiliated by Khulna University)
Now fashions are spread globally. Most fashions are similar now the world over. Global fashion influences are effect on dress, accessories and makeup also. Many fashion trends occur because of issues that affects the whole world.Global fashions are mainly influenced by the media like TV, cinema, top celebrity, model, fashion magazine, fashion related blog, fashion show etc.
How global fashions are influence on dress:
- Fashions are mostly influenced by films and cinema. Styles have changes with the release of films such as, Moulin Rouge and Pirates of the Caribbean.
- TV programs also influence on fashion dress, fashion accessories and make up.
- World famous top celebrity, actor-actress, rock stars, pop artists costumes are influenced other people. Example: In 1997 the influential fashion photographer Mario Testino shot a series of seminal images of Princess Diana wearing Gianni Versace for Vanity Fair magazine. These photographs have come to define the look and glamour of a woman who became an important fashion icon of the twentieth century.
- Different fashion magazine and newspapers show latest dresses in the reputed fashion houses, these are globally influenced worldwide people. Some popular magazines are Elle, Vogue, Glamour, Her world etc.
- International or national fashion related talk show viewers influenced on dress from the invited guest and presenter clothes also.
- Fashion designers produced for a worldwide market. Most of the cities of the world have in them stores for each of the major designers.
- Fashion designers organized fashion show on the season and occasion base. This programs are seen all over the world for global influence.
- When a world famous fashion designers design an Haute couture fashion for special customer like king or queen then these costumes are famous in the whole world by this global influence. Example: English designer Sarah Burton, creative director of the luxury fashion house Alexander McQueen, designed the bridal gown worn by Catherine william’s wife of Prince William.
- Environmental issues are also a factor, as more consumers are concerned about the damage to the environment caused by the textile industry.
- Other global issues such as the Gulf war and 9-11 also impact on fashion and trends.
- Political beliefs can be demonstrated in a particular style of dressing, e.g. universal dress in china during Mao Tse Tung’s era.