Bra or brassiere is a woman’s undergarment for supporting the breasts. It is the most attractive and important undergarments for women’s and girls. An appropriate bra gives her fit and confidence. It show her also attractive and sexy. It is important to know the types of bras available so that you can pick the right one for the right time so as to protect the general health of your breasts.
How to Wear Bra Properly:
A lot of women wear the bra, but they do not wear it in a proper manner and hence wearing a bra becomes a liability for them and hurts them on their shoulders or their skin. Bra fitting is important for comfortable. How to wear bra in correctly? Some bra wearing tips are below:
1. Put your arms through the arm holes:
In a traditional bra there are straps that attach the bra cups to the back of the bra and they go over and above the shoulders. A traditional bra will have two straps that attach the bra cups to the back of the bra and run up and over your shoulder to the back. So, it has two arm holes. Put your arms in the armholes and start wearing the bra.
2. Clasp the bra properly:
Most of the bras have their loops at the back of the bra. These loops connect the right side of the bra with the left side. On one side these bra has hooks and on the other side there are loops. These loops are mostly arranged in two or three rows so that the bra fits properly on your breasts. Some bras have loops on the sides or in the front. Clasp the bra properly. If you want it tight then put the hooks in the farthest clasp and if you want it loose then in the nearest clasp. If you are uncomfortable to hook the bra at the back then, put the bra reverse side, clasp it, move it to the right position and then put your arms through the arm holes.
Some women have trouble hooking the bra in the back and like to clasp it before they put on the straps. To do this, place the bra backwards over your breasts, clasp it, move it around to its proper position in the back, and then place your arms through the arm holes.
3. Adjust the straps to fit properly:
After clasping the bra properly you will need to adjust the straps of the bra properly, so that the bra fits properly. If the straps are too tight then the straps will cut into your skin and if the straps are too loose, the straps will fall off your shoulders.
- Find the clasps on the straps. The clasps are the plastic things on the back of the bra.
- If the bra is too tight, then move the clasps down towards the back of the bra, then pull the extra strap that hangs out to straighten the straps.
- If the bra is too loose, then move the clasp upwards towards the cups of the bra. Adjust both the clasps at the same position.
4. Feel the bra:
Once you have clasped the bra and adjusted the bra, you should feel it. So that you come to know if you need to adjust the bra again or not and whether you are comfortable or not.
5. Bend down:
Once you have put on the bra, bend down towards the floor. This will help you adjust your breasts properly.
6. Move your breasts into the cups of the bra:
After wearing the bra properly, look into the mirror and look for any extra tissue that is hanging out of the sides of the bra and smoothen the breasts. Feel for this tissue with the opposite hand from each breast and then move it in, so that it fills the side of the cup. Then, use the same hand to lift up the breast, so that you’ve moved the sides of the breast in, and then up. Similarly do it in the other breast and move the breast properly and smooth down the breasts properly.
7. Smooth down your breasts:
Take two fingers from one hand, and use them to smooth down your breasts in a straight line just above the cups of the bra until you’ve pushed your breasts down a bit, making them fit into your bra.
Benefits of Wearing bra:
This is a common reason for wearing bras, and in many situations we women do have to comfort to the modern society’s dress code. According to experts women’s breasts change sizes an average of five times over their life. That means that the bra size you wore when you are twenty now will no longer will fit you properly. And there is a good chance that the bra you are now wearing will no longer fit you in a few years time.
- Women wear bras for other reasons beyond the long-term appearance of their breasts—comfort and a better fit under their clothes.
- It enhances the perceived shape of a woman’s breast, minimize or enlarge her perceived breast size, restrain breast movement during an activity.
- If you are large breasted, wearing a bra while you sleep will help you to avoid any premature sagging of the breasts.
- It is also beneficial for women who have recently undergone breast surgery. It will help to support the breasts and to keep them from getting sore due to the surgery that was recently done.
- Very large and heavy-breasted women usually need to wear bras for support, and they feel pain and discomfort if they don’t wear bras.
- To hide nipples that poke through clothing.
- Sports bras can be extremely helpful in reducing breast bouncing while running or doing other types of active sports. In fact, the bouncing during jogging, for example, can actually damage the ligaments inside the breasts.
- Nursing bras is a handy way to hide the leaking of breast milk
Features of an Excellent Supportive Bra:
- All the breast tissue must be encompassed by the supportive triangle and the cup.
- Support must be from beneath the breast, rather than supported by the shoulder straps.
- There must be no pressure to redirect the breast and restrict circulation.
- The support should be firm enough to take out most of the motion of the breast during walking and other motion.
- The bra should be constructed of soft fabric, custom-fitted to each woman’s size and configuration. There should be no wires or stays to gouge or bruise delicate tissue.
- The breast position should be supported so the point of the breast is halfway between shoulder and elbow.
- The best supportive bras have an inner support triangle that positions and supports the breast.
Disadvantage of bra:
Wearing a bra can increase the process of sagging of the breast as well as give rise to many health issues. Besides, bra may cause problem during the sexual intercourse.
You can see this video to wear a Bra Properly:
- how to wear bra;