Important Factors for Predicting Fashion Trend
Dept. of Fashion Design
KCC Women’s College (Affiliated by Khulna University)
Fashion prediction is the main role of a fashion designer. Every fashion designer, when he/ she lunch his/ her fashion house, they must predict the market, consumer choice, price, color, season etc. Without prediction they will go to vain.
Factors for Predicting Fashion Trend:
- Target Market
Each season, the design and merchandising departments worldwide are waiting what’s in fashion trend for coming seasons. They ready heavily on creating a new design using these valuable data collected by professional agencies.
If you want to know the detail information about “Fashion Trend” please visit…..
Various fashion impact of future seasons, there are below
- Trend forecasts are based on season’s spring, summer; fall & winter like we connect certain colors with holiday and seasons.
- They expect to see earthy tones in fall season, jeweled colors for holidays, and the pastels of flowers in early spring, and refreshing white for the summer.
- Work on new line normally begins six months before the selling season ( A flowery dress to be worn in may should be in design section starting December).
- The manufacturers must produce four or five seasonal lines a year.
2. Target market or Market Intelligence:
Fashion designers are always concern about their target market. In recent years, world growth has slowed and markets have matured or become more protective. It is evident that the only way for many small & big companies to grow is at the expense of their competitors.
Target markets are following rules
- Many large companies in Asia are turning to market intelligence for input into their strategic management system and decision making.
- Conventional marketing research is increasingly viewed as being too narrowly focused on tactical and operational issues.
- The large retail & export companies around world are now looking up to role of the Internet in market intelligence for inputs into their strategic management system and decision making.
- Determine their product acceptance in market; if acceptance is better than designers are chronologically produced their product.
- Market research is the main factors to know about the product and brand acceptance in market.
- There’s no fashion if nobody buys it, Acceptance by large no of people makes market important.
The marketing intelligence cycle whether its apparel or other business houses typically consists of directing, collecting, compiling, cataloging, analyzing and form filled up data by consumers therefore making it easier for industry to create product which is market based.
3. Consumer demand:
The agencies & Manufacturers may ask consumers directly about their buying preferences, or can look in to their buying habits over a period of time, like-dislikes, choice of product etc.
Their demands are
- Find preferences for certain garments or accessories, sizes or colors and so on, or products to fit specific consumer tastes.
- These surveys include questions about life-style, fashion preference, income, and shopping habits.
- What they would like to buy, what styles they prefer that are currently available and what changes in merchandise they want, but cannot find.
- Every forecast begins with the consumer, by observing the consumer’s needs to the marketplace and in the unexpected ways the consumer adjusts the market place to his lifestyle and preferences.
- Consumer research figures are critical & of utmost importance in decisions about product development, marketing and retailing.
4. Color Forecasting:
Every fashion designer has to know about the color. Season wise color selection is the main prediction for fashion trend. Stimulating sales is the driving force behind color forecasting. Color grabs the customers’ attention, makes an emotional connection and leads them to the product.
People expect new color forecasting are
- Every designer knows about color wheel and detail about color combination. That’s way designer are properly able to design and color their product only for consumer.
- Even when the basic product stays the same, changing the color gives a sense of something new.
- Color consultants help companies decide on the right color story to sell the product. Some consultants specialize in advising on color.
- Professional color organizations bring together experts to collaborate on forecasts for industries like women’s wear, men’s wear, children’s wear and residential and non-residential interiors.
Color forecasts as part of their overall product development function. Some large companies have departments dedicated to setting color directions for multiple lines.
If you want to know the detail information about “Color Combination for Dress” please visit…..
Clothing has been called “the second skin” in recognition of its intimate connection with a person’s physical and psychological comfort. Frequently, the development of a completely new product is the result of a particular functional need, but often it is driven by the benefits offered by a new fabric.
- Fashion designer mainly research or predict which fabrics are most popular in the market, but comfortable and low cost also.
- Designers can build into garment product through the new technology textiles used in construction.
- Newness in fabrics comes from the introduction of new fibers, the manipulation of yarn and fabric structures, variation in pattern and prints and innovative finishing processes.
Get a complete guide on the upcoming trends to influence women’s wear with trendy product-specific apparel knowledge. With our weekly updates and in-depth seasonal key shapes and detailing analysis, we ensure you stay one step ahead with next season’s consumer must-haves. Our inspirational analysis covers all the seasonal key items and must-have trends for women’s tops, shirts, skirts, dresses, denim, knitwear, pants and trousers, coats and jackets. Each season, stay in the loop with 15-20 essential looks for each product type, complete with weekly updates on fast fashion inspiration for on-trend silhouettes and detailing.
Professional research combines a wealth of resources are
- Trade shows, street style, runway and global stores to vintage, e-tail and up-and-coming designers – all compiled to help us make informed decisions each season.
- To predict the latest pattern, dress cutting, styling, and sewing methods.
- Trend stop’s seasonal galleries bank is full of thousands of high-quality, close-up product shots taken from catwalk collections, street style, trade shows, retail, vintage and collection previews.
- Searchable by colour, print and product type, staying in touch with the latest looks has never been easier.
Whether rough, soft, rugged or smooth, different textures are key for a look that’s unique and stylish. Clothing texture is the structure of interwoven fabric. A garment texture relies on the visual and textile qualities of its surface and is easily identified by touch. There are many different types of fabrics and textures used to create modern clothing. Apiece of clothing’s texture can completely used fabrics in today. Fashion world are all comprised of different textures that allow certain garments to be appropriate for all types of element.
- Cotton fabric texture
- Silk fabric texture
- Wool fabric texture
- Tweed fabric texture
All types fabric texture are like people. Predicting trends are printed fabric from all types of fabrics.
Fashion forecasting and prediction is used within the fashion/textile industry as a means of directing companies into new ideas of color/fabric/theme/mood and yarn developments for different product types and levels. Knowledge of trends and future market requirements is increasingly important to the industry. While there is no definitive fashion story, accessing the right color palette, researching fabric and styling trends to suit a particular design and customer profile is essential. The degree and quality of information available to designers and its interpretation, given an effective marketing strategy, effectively dictates their success.