Job Responsibilities for a Final Inspector in Garments Industry
Nishat Nawshin Ruchi
Lecturer, Dept. of Fashion Design
KCC Women’s College (Affiliated by Khulna University)
Final inspection or Pre-shipment inspection:
Final inspector generally conducts pre-shipment inspection, which is often called Final inspection.
Final or Pre-shipment inspection generally arranged by Final inspector in the garments factory. After packing and cartoning by finishing inspector this inspection is mainly conducted by buyer’s representative and important factory personnel’s are also present here. If reject rate is higher than pre-set value of the whole lot is rejected and returned for recheck.
Job Duties and Responsibilities for A Final Inspector:
Some essential job duties and responsibilities for A Final Inspector are as follows:
- Final inspector ensures that the whole consignment (lot) is stacked at one place.
- Ensure that samples are drawn from the lot on random basis.
- He inspects each sample and records outcome.
- He counts the number of rejects out of the sample size.
- He compares it with that allowed as per Inspection Sampling Plan.
- If number of rejects exceed allowable limit given in the Inspection Sampling Plan, he rejects the lot, otherwise accepts it.
- He checks weather assortment matches buyer specified assortment.
- He checks if poly bags, cartons, inners, etc are of specified quality.
- He checks shipping marks, side marks, gross and net weight of the garments.
- Final inspector also checks the destination is correctly given or not.