Job Responsibilities for a Finishing Inspector in Garments Industry
Nishat Nawshin Ruchi
Lecturer, Dept. of Fashion Design
KCC Women’s College (Affiliated by Khulna University)
Finishing inspector is people who do their work in finishing section in the garments industry. Finishing inspector ensure that all the products are carefully checked and properly ironed, measured, cleaned, poly, and finally cartoned as per buyer specification.
Job Duties and Responsibilities for a Finishing Inspector:
Some basic job duties and responsibilities for a finishing inspector in the garments industry are below:
- Finishing inspector control heat of the iron so that goods are not damaged by over heat.
- After ironing if any defects are seen, then he pass that garment for immediate cleaning.
- Ensures cleanliness of finishing tables.
- Checks for defects and rejects.
- Takes special care about oil marks, stain marks etc.
- He checks if seam puckering develops after washing or ironing of garments,
- He ensures that goods are folded as per standard practice or as per buyer instruction.
- Inspect goods before poly packing.
- Ensures buyer specified assortments.
- Ensures that finished and packed garment matches approved finished garment.
- Ensure quality of packaging, measurements of cartons, side marks of cartons, etc.
You can also read……..
- garments washing job responsibilities;