Job Responsibilities for A Quality Inspector or Manager in Garments Industry
Nishat Nawshin Ruchi
Lecturer, Dept. of Fashion Design
KCC Women’s College (Affiliated by Khulna University)
Quality inspector or manager:
A quality inspector is a person who checks quality of products in raw material form or final form or in any phase of processing, such as, sampling, cutting, sewing, finishing, packing and prior to shipment. An inspector generally checks weather manufactured product conforms to quality specifications given by buyer.
Job Description for Quality Inspector or Manager in Garments industry:
The quality inspector is a very important official in a garments industry. Customer satisfaction, reputation of the company, to a large extent, depends upon him. His job responsibilities are given below:
- Quality inspectors maintain a right quality management system (QMS) to ensure quality of product.
- He will ensure that the QMS is in place and working as envisaged.
- He will ensure that the existing QMS satisfies the buyer.
- Quality inspector or manager maintains expectation of customer by the way of improving QMS.
- He will ensure that buyer specifications are properly understood. If there is any confusion he will confirm buyers actual specification otherwise communicate with buyer.
- Ensure that AQL of the company is properly maintained and exceeded.
- Ensure that all incoming, in-process and final goods are properly inspected or documented.
- He will ensure that all goods coming in the store are rigorously inspected for quality and quantity.
- Ensure that traffic light chart system of in-line inspection system is installed and working.
- Install both preventive and remedial measures against occurrence of any defect.
- He is responsible for failure of quality passed garments.
- He will ensure that all of his personnel are well trained.
- Ensure continuous training of personnel to enhance their skill.
- Ensure rigorous control of defects, rejects, repairable and washable garments.
- He will plan for year wise improvements of quality.
- Prepare a Quality Manual for the company, so that company’s Quality policy & procedures are known to all and implemented at all level.
- Also ensure that Quality Manual includes all policy, procedures, methods, and measures so as to unify actions.
- He will monitor performance of suppliers of raw materials
- He will have his personnel motivated.
- Quality inspector ensures that supplier- customer chain is maintained in the production process.
- He will ensure that production commences only when worksheet approved sample & swatch cards are at hand.