Requirements to Become Fashion Illustrator
Lecturer, Dept. of Fashion Design
KCC Women’s College (Affiliated by Khulna University)
Fashion Illustration is the communication of fashion that originates with illustration, drawing and painting. Fashion illustrators work very closely with fashion designers and art directors in order to produce unique and artistic images, with the aid of both traditional and digital media. Fashion illustrators must develop eye-catching drawings which are aimed to attract the target audience to a specific fashion line. Mainly fashion illustrator are assigned to do the creation of sketches, layouts or images. The images created by them are commonly used in print ads, television commercials as well as online ads. Career opportunity of a fashion illustrator is most popular jobs in the fashion industry. Now-a-days every fashion industry should need a fashion illustrator to grow up their business and products.
Requirements to Become Fashion Illustrator:
If you want to become a fashion illustrator, you first need to determine if this career path is a good fit for your skills, interests and personality traits. If the following description sounds like you, then you’re probably well suited for a career as a fashion illustrator.
Some job responsibilities or duties for a fashion illustrator are below:
- Experience and education in fashion illustration, fashion design, fine arts and sometimes computer-aided design is must be needed.
- Outstanding portfolio that showcases ones ability to work with variety of products in a range of styles.
- Ability to work quickly, adapt to different viewpoints, and work with a range of mediums.
- Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines.
- CHALLENGE: Are usually confronted with the challenges of acquiring and understanding new technology on a regular basis.