Role of Merchandiser Between Buyer and Seller
Dept. of Fashion Design
KCC Women’s College (Affiliated by Khulna University),
Role of merchandiser between buyer and seller:
“Merchandising is the business art of matching goods to the needs and preferences of customers to ensure shelf off take”. In other word merchandising is the marketing activity responsible for ensuring a product’s desirability, both in qualitative and quantitative. Merchandiser works for promoting business .
Buyer: Who buy the product.
Seller: Who sell the product.
Now we write down about the role of merchandiser between buyer and seller:
1. Database: Merchandiser like a data base between buyer and seller.
2. Build up relation ship: Merchandiser’s role is to build up relationship with buyers and acts as a seller.
3. Order execution: He plays a vital role in his organization in a sense that he bears more responsibility than others in regards of order execution.
4. Factory representative: He represents factory as a buyer.
5. Buyer representative: He represents buyer as a seller.
6. Inspection: He inspect quality as a buyer.
7. Quality inspection: He inspect s quality as a buyer from buyers point ‘s of view.
8. Price range: He negotiates a price for the sellers.
9. Seller’s point: He looks at the deal from seller’s point of view.
10. Business development: He looks after the the business so as to develop more in future.
11. Deal the offer: He tries to offer the deal more competitive by not compromising the quality.
12. Satisfaction: His object is to satisfy the buyer to progress more in future business.
13. Mark up:
- How much should be added to the cost the retailer paid for the product to reach a final selling price.
- Original mark up is the difference between the retailer’s original cost and initial selling price.
14. Mark down:
- Occurs when the product does not sell at the original price and an adjustment is necessary.
- Shrinkage everyday low pricing off price retailing.
15. Gross margin: Mark up difference between the final selling price and retailer cost and is also the gross margin.
16. Wheel of retailing: How new forms of retails out lets enter the market.
17. Cross channel shopper: Online consumer who researches products online and then purchase them at a retail store.
18. Multichannel marketing: Blending of different communication and delivery channels that are mutually reinforcing retaining and building relationships with consumers who shop and by in the traditional market place and marketplace.
19. Philosophy adoption: A merchandiser adopted and maintain the philosophy of buyer and seller.
20.Level of service:
- The degree of service provided to the customer.
- Self services limited service vs full service.
21.Channel design consideration:
- Which channel/intermediaries will be provide best coverage of target market.
- Which channel/intermediaries will be best satisfy buying requirements of the target market.
- Which channel/intermediaries will be the most profitable.
23. Reduce conflict: A merchandiser reduce the conflict between buyer and seller.
24. Aim: His aim is to impress the buyer by means of:
- Right product.
- Right quality.
- Right quantity.
- Right time
- Undamaged condition.
At the time of conclusion we can say that a merchandiser obviously play a vital role between buyer and seller.