Role of Professionals in the Apparel Industry
Editor, Fashion Elongation
Apparel professionals are individual employed in the apparel business. They are involved in development, selection, production, presentation, sales & management of apparel.
Apparel professional have many different roles in making decisions that make garments serviceable, sale-able, producible, and profitable.
Following is a universal skill set for all apparel professionals in the apparel industry.
- Professional in the apparel Industry should know at least basics of Textile Manufacturing processes.
- Academic background must be needed.
- Understand the importance of consistence of product image.
- Have a strong teamwork orientation.
- Be able to contribute specialized technical expertise.
- Motivate team members.
- Focus on accuracy & consistency.
- Have a priority for satisfying customers.
- Have a business spirit.
- Constantly seek new ideas products and processes.
- Always be proactive.
- Effectively manage time and other resources.
- Get knowledge about latest apparel news, fashion, buyer etc.
- Use computer technology and electronic communication efficiency.