Simple Way to Become a Fashion Buyer
Head of the Department
Department of Fashion Design
KCC Women’s College (Affiliated by Khulna University)
Fashion buyers discover the latest and future fashion trends and stock retail stores or chain stores with items that are projected to bring in the most revenue and sales. Retail stores make large profits from the percentage of mark-up they charge customers over wholesale prices. The responsibility for buying merchandise is subdivided into specific product ranges which may include jersey wear, knitwear, leisurewear, nightwear, swimwear, tailoring, underwear, evening wear, footwear and accessories.
Here’s I will give step by step guideline to becoming a career in fashion buying….
- Get huge knowledge about fashion, latest trends, and styles, especially if you have experience such as working for a fashion store; collect more fashion magazine, search news from different fashion blog or website and writing a fashion blog.
- At first select institutes or universities and starting your education by taking college courses relating to fashion merchandise, degree in retail or a buying specialism and other fashion areas. Also try Level 3 Diploma in Fashion Retail or Level 4 Diploma in Buying and Merchandising.
- Complete your coursework and graduate from the higher institution with a bachelor’s degree.
- Search an internship or training opportunity to gain more experience in fashion buying.
- Apply for a job as an intern or assistant fashion buyer for retailers, department stores, chain stores and independently owned fashion stores. Work for a few years as an intern or assistant and get more knowledge, skilled and experiences then moving on to trainee buyer or assistant buyer and then junior buyer and upward.