Tuck in System of Shirt
B.Sc. Engineer of Textile
Facebook: Sheikh Nurja
Tuck in of shirt:
The way by which somebody fold his tail of shirt inside of trousers is called tuck in of shirt. We are familiar with this term from childhood and doing this from the age of 5. But most of us have no proper knowledge about proper tuck in system of shirt. Here I am trying to present it briefly.
Importance of tuck in of shirt
- It helps to ensure that you are looking more mature and sharp.
- If one of your shirt has uneven hem than tuck in can be one the most useful solution to ignore this problem.
- Sometimes can be there visible tail of shirt, then it should be tucked in for ensuring your good outfit of you.
- It is the most important to ensure proper tuck in of your shirt under the jacket or under the suit, otherwise all of your preparation can be ruined.
The shirt which obviously should be tucked in
- Dress shirt
- Under shirt
- Polo –shirt ( If you want a little dressier look)
The shirt which obviously should not be tucked in
The basic term which should keep in mind before tuck in
The proper tuck in is a very important matter when we have to do it. Following term should keep in mind before tuck in.
- There should not remaining any wrinkle in shirt during tucks in.
- There Should have a proper “gig line” during tucks in.
- Gig line : Imagined line straightly along placket of shirt and fly of trouser. Note : Red line indicates gig line
- The trouser button and and belt buckle should be evenly centered with gig line.
- Ensure that a well fitted shirt is selected to tuck ins and it is long enough.